If you usually throw out broccoli stems, you’re missing out! Not only are they just as nutritious as the florets you usually cook, but they are also incredibly delicious and versatile. Case in point? These broccoli stem chips.
You can make these whenever you’re making roasted broccoli florets, or simply whenever you have broccoli stems leftover.
Here’s the broccoli stem chip recipe:
Broccoli Stem Chips
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 25 min
- 2 broccoli stalks
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1-2 tsp. olive oil
- pink salt
- black pepper
- 2-3 tsp. almond flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Cut the broccoli stalk into ¼ – inch slices. Put in a bowl and set aside.
- Chop the garlic and add it to the broccoli stems.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil, and a pinch of pink salt and black pepper. Use your hands or spoons to mix everything and evenly coat the chips.
- Lay the chips flat on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle almond flour on top, and use two spoons to flip the chips so that they’re all coated. Pop back into the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let cool a couple minutes before serving. Add additional salt and pepper, to taste, if needed.
– Source: https://www.davidwolfe.com