No matter how hard parents try to keep their children safe, there always seems to be some new threat to our kids’ health that pops up.
Last week, mothers Marie-Pier L’Hostie and Penny Powell from Montreal, Canada, shared pictures to Facebook of what they found hiding out inside their kids’ sippy cup lids, and now parents from all over are freaking out at what they find.
Mrs. L’Hostie had this to say on her Facebook page:
“MY FRIEND SIMON O’KANADA WONDERED WHY HIS SON WAS ALWAYS SICK. HE BROKE THE ANTI-SPILL TOP OF HIS ‘TOMMEE TIPPEE’ BOTTLE AND DISCOVERED MOLD INSIDE THE MOUTHPIECE. IT DOESN’T WASH AND CAN’T BE SEEN UNLESS IT IS BROKEN OPEN.
HE CALLED THE COMPANY, AND THE LADY ON THE PHONE LAUGHED OUT OUT LOUD. SEVERAL MOMS ON OTHER GROUPS HAVE ALSO DISCOVERED MOLD AFTER MY POST IN ANOTHER FACEBOOK GROUP, SO I’M SHARING YOU. IF YOU PLEASE, THOSE WHO HAVE THESE CUPS, PAY ATTENTION! BEING WASHED BY HAND OR IN THE DISHWASHER, THE MOLD WILL STAY THERE!”
Another concerned parent commented on the post saying:
“WARNING: ALL THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN USING ANTI-SPILL CUPS FOR SOME TIME THROW THEM OUT! OPEN YOUR CUPS, REMOVE THE ANTI-SPILL GUARD AND BREAK IT INTO TWO. MOLD SETTLES IN THE CAP AND MAKES CHILDREN SICK!! IF YOU CAN, TAKE PICTURES AND JOIN THE OTHER PARENTS WHO HAVE RAISED A COMPLAINT AGAINST THE CONSUMER SERVICE. NEITHER THE DISHWASHER OR WASHING BY HAND REMOVES IT!!”
The manufacturers of the Tommee Tippee cups responded to the controversy stating that there are separate instructions that describe how to properly clean this part of the cup, but according to actual users of the product, the only way to avoid your child becoming very ill is to just throw the cup away.
More from my site